Deals often fail to deliver their promised value because little thought has been given to the integration of people, teams, and corporate cultures. Executives spend hours aligning on structure and strategy, but successful integration requires strong management of the people and cultural dimension as well.
Our consultants bring decades of experience from large-scale international integration projects to ensure culture becomes an enabler of your strategy, not an obstacle. To achieve this, we’ll help you define a successful cultural integration roadmap which includes:
- A customized MindLab Cultural Baseline Study TM setting out key similarities and differences in the “way we work” in the legacy organizations;
- Facilitated sessions with the top leadership team to ensure they collaborate effectively despite the cultural differences of their legacy organizations;
- The identification and coaching of the leaders below the top level who are most critical for successful integration.
Our work on the cultural integration is not treated as a separate stream, as if often the case, but is woven into the requisite strategy and structure work which our consultants also typically support.
Our experience includes flagship integration in mergers, acquisitions, and JV-projects such as:
- Marriott’s acquisition of Starwood hotels (APAC region)
- Lafarge and Holcim merger (France/Switzerland/Global)
- Wal-Mart’s acquisition of TrustMart (USA/China)
- Lenovo’s acquisition of IBM‘s consumer and hardware business (USA/China/Global)
- Molson-Coors’s acquisition of StarBev (USA/Canada/Eastern Central Europe)
- SAP’s acquisition of Business Objects (Germany/France/Global)
- Danfoss’ acquisition of Vacon (Denmark/Finland/Global)
- Strauss Groups JV with Haier Group (Israel/China/Global)
- Saudi Aramco’s JV with Sumitomo Chemical (Saudi Arabia/Japan) ; Sinopec (Saudi Arabia/China); ExxonMobil (Saudi Arabia/USA); etc.